Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day Two Dublin and the Last day of Vacation...

The plan today was of course to explore Dublin.  I do have to add that I really Liked Dublin...I definitely did not get to do any shopping on pretty much the elope trip..and briefly tried in Dubline  but no purchases.  I would love to go back and do some shopping in Dublin.

This morning we walked over to Trinity College for a tour.  We stopped and had a light breakfast then to the college.

The college is beautiful!  All of the tours are lead by students.  They give you a lot of great history and info about the college.  The most interesting part I thought was about the scholars.  In Dec of their sophomore year students can take a test.  The highest scores are made scholar.  Their tuition and housing is then free for the next 5 years!  The test actually covers material that you may not learn until the end of your Junior year so you really have to study and be prepared of the test.  But what a amazing payoff!

The tour finishes with a viewing of the Book of Kells which is quite the masterpiece.  and a visit to the Trinity College Library which was amazing!  

After we finished our tour of trinity we hoped on the Tour bus.  We hopped off at the Dubline Castle.  Another castle for my mom to add to her list.  We did our own self led tour around the castle.  Very cool!



On to our next and last stop on on vacation..the Guinness Storehouse.  I am sure it is always crowded and today was no different.  It is a self guided tour through several different areas telling all about the family and the brewing process.  One part you go through a sensory taking experience.  You start in an all white room where you can smell each of the elements.  You are given a small sample to take with you into the next room.  amazing to me how many people shot down 2 or three samples..in the next room with was very lush - with red drapes and heavy wallpaper which was to add to the tasting experience.  Neat experience.  The last stop if the roof top bar.  Where everyone get s a pint of Guinness to finish their tour.  It is on the top floor of the building with amazing views!  Mom passed on her Guinness.  I finished about half and of course Wayne had no problem finishing his.  The Guinness you are served here is about 4 hours old-  You can't get much fresher!

At this point Wayne was starting to feel a little run down.  he had caught my cold.  We hopped back on the bus and back toward the hotel.  Wayne headed back to the hotel and mom and I wandered around to find lunch and maybe shop.  The dress I had seen in a window the day before was gone..that was my shopping experience.  We ended up at a place for lunch that was not really good or worth mentioning so enough said about that.

We got back to the hotel and decided we would stay in tonight since we had to head to the airport at 6am.  Wayne was napping when I got back.  A few hours later we headed to the convenience store for some snacks...then just watch some Law and Order...yes it is everywhere!

Tomorrow we are headed home after and amazing 2 week vacation.  I wish I could be on a permanent vacation..but I guess at some pint back to real life..

No comments:

Post a Comment